The Current is counting down their top 89 from 2010. I thought I’d share my votes, some quality music!
10. Vampire Weekend: Giving up the Gun [my friend calls them preppy]
9. Communist Daughter: Not the Kid [I saw them in Loring Park this summer and they bring out your hipster side]
8. Dan Mangan: Road Regrets [Great video, I think we will hear more of Dan Mangan in 2011]
7. Atmosphere: Freefallin’ [I couldn’t find a clip of this song, but it’s good, trust me. And they are from Minneapolis too]
6. Janelle Monae: Cold War [She has a great voice…and amazing hair, really how does one get their hair to stay like that?]
5. Arcade Fire: The Suburbs [They are catchy and I bet 5 million people will like them in 2011.
4. Florence and the Machine: Dog Days Are Over [This reminds me of summer and makes my heart so happy. I especially like to listen to it in winter.]
3. The National: Bloodbuzz Ohio [They have unique voices I also like their song “Terrible Love” it was hard to chose what song to vote for.]
2. Dawes: When My Time Comes [I saw them in concert this year and they were amazing. I don’t want to listen to their songs on my ipod because of how great they sound live. Minneapolis loves Dawes.]
1. Mumford and Sons: Winter Winds [This year everyone loves Mumford which makes concert tickets hard to get. Goal in 2011- see them live. I would recommend every song in their “Sigh No More” album to a friend. Every. song. They are that good.
*Honorable mention: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: Home