People always ask me what I do when they hear about The Office and that I’m an executive assistant. It’s hard to summarize what I do in a few short phrases since I do something different almost every day. First, here are some things I do not do:
- Make or get coffee. It’s a disaster if I ever have to do this.
- Make wardrobe decisions for anyone (except in extreme circumstances)
- Work really late (only sometimes)
- Check my email all the time, people you can wait until Monday
- Travel with my boss (everyone tries to invite me to their dinners)
Besides the board, here are a few random things I have done in the past 2.5 years (some things I have chosen not to mention):
- talked to the White House
- hung up on the Governor
- wooed random boys with the fancy law books
- Found a way to get Civil War cannons into the capitol (in process)
- thrown a few office parties
- took pictures on Target Field
- helped prepare congressional testimony
As you can see, super random. Bonus points if anyone found the most random thing I wrote on the board. If you couldn’t find it I wrote, “e-mail Ryan in Gov’s office and remind him he is awesome.” I don’t even know Ryan, but he is helping me out with an event so he gets major awesome points.