Welcome to “Random Wednesday,” where I will proceed to throw all my random thoughts in one post, ex. I am typing this with one hand under my knee…this makes you probably want to keep reading…
- First of all: I got a promotion! Promotion in the Office means you get to do the work you have been doing plus a bunch of other things that still relate to your old position. I also get to put something fancy like “executive” or “director” in my title. I will give you a new business card when I see you next. Get excited.
- Spotify has revolutionized my life. I have NO idea why I was holding out for so long.
- I have made it my new life mission to teach people how to properly merge in Minnesota. Why do we have to STOP our cars when we enter the freeway when there is SO much room to properly merge. If you drive on 35W or 94, I’ve probably made you mad. I’m just trying to help you learn. You are welcome.
- It recently became apparent that I have not met everyone in IT that has moved over to our building while I was on vacation. As a result of an email I sent out yesterday I had to awkwardly introduce myself in front of many co-workers to one of the IT staff who has been in our office for two weeks (and who I had not previously met), there were phrases thrown out like, “Is this happening? Are you really just meeting now?” and “Amber is shy.”
- Fun Family Christmas (FFC) preparations are underway…! As I started a trend of ugly sweaters (I had two for last Christmas) I feel I must really step it up for this Christmas. Therefore, ugly Christmas sweater shopping is probably going to start this weekend. I’ve also already decided on the AWESOME gift that I will be bringing. I also need to find a hat…anyone who is up for Christmas-related thrifting let me know. Once again FFC will include fireworks. Actually, I think it is a requirement that ALL our family functions require fireworks…
- Noah and the Whales will be in town Monday night. If you love them too you should tell me and we should get tickets. You can also pretend you love them and go with me. I will accept that.
- I’m going to the Civil Wars tonight…I’M GOING TO THE CIVIL WARS TONIGHT!!! (I wish I was that excited about my Civil War related meeting tomorrow night.)